Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New Year's Resolutions in August

It's been over a week since my last post, which is forever in blog world. I'm pleased to report the "why."As part of our New Year's resolution, we're getting out there, doing new things and hanging out with neighbors. Aren't you impressed that it's August and we're still talking about New Year's resolutions? (Notice we're not talking about our other resolution about adding more veggies to our diet. There's always 2010!)

We've been busy hanging out with friends over campfires, playing interior decorator and just overall doing stuff (meaning TV & couch are not involved). I'm swallowing my perfectionism attitude and attempting to do things that I haven't done before--even if they don't turn out perfectly. Things I've checked off have been: writing a blog, making a shadowbox, decorating cupcakes, hemming pants and making furniture! (Well, that last one requires a lot of leadership from the hubby).

I was so proud of my hemming that I made sure everybody at work knew that I had done it myself. I made a pair of pants into walking shorts. Yep, my 5' tall co-worker and I, at 6' tall, officially have worn the same pair of bottoms to work.

However, my co-worker also chastised me for not posting a how-to on these things. I'll do better - even if I don't know what I'm doing. :)

Be good. Do good.

No comments:

Post a Comment