Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Master Bathroom mini-makeover

Well, this past weekend we were quite productive! Much more than I thought we would be.
  • Clean up garden? Check.
  • Hang curtain rod? Check.
  • Hem curtains? Check --with confidence.
  • Hit up DQ for a Thin Mint Blizzard? Check.
In fact, we plowed through these projects so fast and had enough energy that we tackled more projects:
  • Cleaned up some pain spillage on trim boards. (Though I try, I still get the wall color on the trim boards.)
  • We built a shelf from scratch, design inspired by West Elm.
  • Started making more wall art, cutting up wood into 5x5 squares. We will be covering these with fabric and hanging in the dining room. Fingers crossed that they will finish off the dining room.

The whole time we were tooling away, we were backing up our home computer. It did not go as planned and took all weekend. So, I have been unable to report on the progress until tonight.

I am so excited about the curtains and the shelf we built. Look at how they finished off the space:

Pre curtains:

Adding the curtains:

Adding the shelf, which is the finishing touch:

I love walking into this space every morning and night, it makes me feel like we have a mini spa.

Be good. Do good.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome shelf! Totally looks West Elm! You should post a DIY on it. :)

    ReplyDelete